She Bathed Me in Her Love

Family values have never been so important to me. May be growing up mostly without my parents around has had a strong contribution towards that part of my character. They both stayed outside in Oman where my dad worked. My mom also stayed with him but used to come down more often, for a few months, but in the short span she did more than one could in one whole year. She would work like a slave ensuring whether every needs were met and every comforts fulfilled.


Once in one of those times, I had exams. And exams used to give rise to my innate need of staying up the whole night before. With this certain loss of a partly self-discipline, my vulnerable self, steadily used to allow a bit of negativity to seep in. This was the very important exam of Maths which I had hardly prepared anything about. After mugging up the formulae loudly on the bus disturbing every guy in the corner, I knew I could pass. But after reaching the college I realised that I had forgotten my hall ticket, the piece of paper that would let me sit on the bench to take the exam. Chilled with fright I called up my mother, with just 30 to 40 minutes left I wasn’t sure whether she will be able to make it in such a short time, she being a born slow driver. I dialled her digits anxious in every bit, hardly getting them right the first time. She didn’t receive for the first two rings, and then when she did she sounded utterly lazy, I shouted channelizing all my anger on her, “why did you not receive any time before, and above that, why are you being such a drag when you have received it after all.” She anyway like a true mother left off without any question. There were only 15 minutes after this. I went right outside the gate because I knew that I could run back faster than she could drive the car to my building. I kept looking for every white car that took a turn. My left foot started tapping with impatience and fear, without any sight of her. I brushed my hair in disbelief when I almost started realising I might be failed for this exam for not appearing on time. And just when I left all hopes I could see her coming at surprisingly good speed and hand over me the hall ticket. What really shocked me was she hadn’t even changed her night dress to bring this to me and her eyes were all swollen. I nevertheless spurted some more naturally pressed anger like jet, damning every point I could get on her and wasting away my important 2-3 minutes there itself, stupidly. I ran back and took the exam.

The exams which are considered one of the most difficult ones was surprisingly comfortable and I was quite confident to pass it in flying colours. When I reached back my doors were all locked. I rung up my neighbours and they said that she had a heavy head ache and has been admitted to the multi-specialty hospital close by. When I reached there I was told that her reports showed she was suffering from Plasmodium Falciparum, the most dangerous form of malaria with maximum death rates all over the world. Firstly it was quite difficult to understand the whole situation but when understood properly I could connect all the dots, the dots of her lazy voice over the phone, the dots of the time she took to drive all the way to my college and the dots of her swollen eyes. I repented on all the bouts of anger that I shot without thinking twice or trusting my mother’s love that she has been giving me proofs of with her every breath. 

I stayed one more night just this time it was not for exams, this time it was payback for what she had done from the day one, bathing me with love and caring me with utmost sweetness. She is the soft cushion that allows me to fall on and be all out of control just so that I could feel better. As I lay beside her with repentance holding her limp thin fingers, she slowly opened her eyes in all her forgiving beauty as if saying, "Son, you can’t do anything to make me hate you."



This post was written for Godrej Expert Rich Creme hair color




Comments

  1. Nicely narrated. It's touchy and sweet :) (y)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic
    A perfect example of what the mother is and also very well written as always..👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly this is your first blog I have read, and trust me it's commendable! Excellent narrative and smooth plot. Awesome work. Good you did the right thing at the end ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: War for the Planet of Apes (2017)

In Her Paradise

Vadodara- The Pride of Gujarat