DreamShare #1: Obama Care

Obama has come to Cisco, Bangalore, as a part of inaugurating a certain technology department. So I go there as well hoping to catch a glimpse. Once all the fan fare is over he quietly goes out from the back and sits on the floor in the balcony staring at the stars, expecting no one. I accidentally bump into him and apologize.

As I am about to go so that he could have his privacy back, he asks me to stay. I stay and we make a small talk, but fantastically the small talk snowballs into a good conversation. He asks me, do I want to have dinner with him, I say sure. While we are walking by the backdoor exit, we find a good corner to sit and have our dinner, he opens his brief case and apparently his wife has prepared him a ham sandwich. I tell him, I haven’t brought my dinner from home, so he shares a bite with me. We finish our dinner and he thinks of breaking the protocol a little more, he says lets sneak out for a walk. I just keep nodding along for whatever he asks. And as we are walking by the quiet lane of the back of the building, we spot some drunken bullies, they laugh mockingly at us. For some reason they don’t realize it’s the “Obama”. They get closer and louder, they deliver me a strong punch and I pass out instantly. But I can faintly see in shadows that they punch Obama black and blue. I completely fade out.

When I wake up, I find no one around, after asking few people I realize that Obama is in intensive care and nobody’s allowed to meet him. I slowly walk back to my rented room still carrying the pain from the punch. As I get fresh and come out of bathroom, I find the same rowdy guys standing in front of me. They say we have just come to talk, so I say why don't we talk in the hall. While we are sitting in the hall, the tiffin guy comes to collect last month's due. He says those are some intersting friends I have there, and that he would like to join my “friends” for a small drink as well. While they all are sitting and talking, I start blabbering that it’s them, the guys who hit Obama. One of the guys pulls a gun out and aims at me, he starts shooting, he misses it, and his gun jams for the next few shots and then again it starts shooting, missing one more time. I somehow push him to grab the gun and shoot him right at the chest, point blank. He stares at me shocked, "What did you do?" I tell him, "Weren’t you trying to shoot me?"

I am scared already, I start thinking of all the jail terms and court visits, when a guy from behind shoots me. I turn back and look at him, to confirm whether he really shot me, there’s a lot of blood pouring out, now at least I don’t have to go through all the complexities of jail terms and putting my parents in shame, “thank god”.  And I wake up from the dream and I say, “thank god” one more time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: War for the Planet of Apes (2017)

In Her Paradise

Vadodara- The Pride of Gujarat